Wednesday, September 14, 2022

13th Sept 2022 Tuesday - Thai dining



After the afternoon's landscape design presentation by Mint, I asked if I could take her and Jinni out for dinner with my family. Before she answered she checked with Freddy who immediately called to invite his boss. After Teck declined, Freddy proceeded to invite a selection of mutual friends to make up the ten, which I thought strange at the time as I was hosting the dinner not him. 

But I let him continue,  in the car ride to the club (to drop me off for squash) he rang his list of friends and colleagues; speaking in Hakka. One of the people he invited was JP whom I thought was a strange choice, I had a tough time working with him as I thought that he was slow in responding to the demands of the job. 

At dinner, I sat myself next to Mint, JP was seated to my left. He told us about his family, anecdotes about his childhood and uni. Mint thought that the food was yummy (she kept putting morsels of food on my plate) but the conversation was hilarious. I found the company refreshing, and decided that I should give myself time to know people as many are 'good guys' (to use Sam's assessment of the man) 

And perhaps this what Freddy's intention as well,  as I'm sure he had observed my run ins with JP about steel design issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment