Wednesday, June 29, 2022

25 June 2022 Saturday - mom visits and stays the afternoon


A long day, of my own doing. Cramming too much things into what should be a day of rest, but it has become habit to make the most of each day. 

It was a nice day, so we played tennis with Richard. Rewi had time so we met over 2 coffees to review work we were doing for him; Sibu apartments, PJOP and landed housing. 

As he was leaving, Yvonne texted wanting to buy me lunch and to hand me her resignation letter. We talked about her plans after leaving the company, it seems that she is leaving the country as well. She will go to New Zealand to travel and work for a year with Lance. I told her that I was excited for her, and a little envious. I wished I could do that as well, (thoughts about escaping) or perhaps Sean and Sara can experience this. She has grown very close to us, me in particular. I was reminded of this again when she picked out portions of her meal to share with me: half an egg, some tamago and pickles. Like mom, and daughter at the same time. 

By the early afternoon, I felt too drained to sit with mom at the club so we decided to try a new routine. We brought her home to be amongst our dogs and cats (only Malala had to be confined upstairs). The new routine works, she is more comfortable in a house and I get to lie down to rest a bit. 

I have lost both my Saturday and Sunday afternoons - time to relax and lie down in front of the telly. Me-time, as Yvonne refers to it when she mentioned that I looked over tired sometimes. And wondered if I thought of retiring. 

I'm tired but I am not retiring, I have people to support. 


No comments:

Post a Comment