Thursday, June 16, 2022

16 July 2022 Thursday - last class of the term


 

Tay remarked that I was in a good mood this morning - 'you are not like your usual self'. I did not give one of the students an earful for not submitting her work as agreed. He claimed that I would have done so in the earlier years.

He was right - I was in a good mood. Our students took up our challenge to have the studio pin up one week before the actual deadline. All but 4 students prepared their boards, and half would have passed if they submitted this work as their final submission. This was reason to be happy, when young people challenge themselves and succeed (some were surprised at their own efforts, and those are the ones I was happiest for)

He was also wrong - my usual self has evolved, I am calmer about set-backs now. I believe they happen for a reason; karma, the world righting itself, life teaching me lessons - I pause and then continue. I do my best given the circumstances and wait for the results. 

Today is likely that last class we will have with this batch, They seem to enjoyed our tutorials. Many have grown bolder, producing better work and asking more questions. Tay told me that our group sessions were more productive, he thinks it is a result of the constant 'push-push-push' at the students to produces ideas, sketches, models, words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment