Tuesday, March 1, 2022

28 Feb 2022 Monday Sorting out details


I designed these screens with Sean, who says that it is less stressful in his present job. It is more stressful working with his old man, which I can understand - I expect more from my children and think that they are able to understand me better - expectations which add pressure to the relationship. But ultimately we both understand that it is part of the training and the mentoring - and that it is done with love. 

I take the same attitude when working with my staff; my 'borrowed children' among them; individuals whom we are growing. Which is why it upsets me to hear that they have not been properly nurtured in other firms, especially when the person partly responsible for the mentorship takes such a flippant attitude when guiding a young graduate. 

But I can't be fighting everyone's battles, firstly because it is their battle to fight and learn and unless they ask, I can't sort out the details. I can only leave the door open, for them to enter and seek advice.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment