Sunday, October 2, 2022

3rd October 2022 Monday - are you Christian?


There are times when things are going so well that I start to worry if we have missed something, some critical piece of the puzzle which will surface and cause havoc down the line. This is one of those weeks, just after my trip to Penang where I met friends who recount stories of woe about clients who sue, about colleagues who undercut, and whose piece of advice to someone who was about to pass their professional exam was 'to join a developer's office'.

PH is coming to town tomorrow, this will a good opportunity to sit down and have a chat with the whole office. He is a stabilising influence, and the folks talk to him more in depth. Boey from Penang asked me if I was Christian (after my talk), because of the values we nurture in the office, and how we were able to draw the most out of our young people. I was secretly flattered when I should be insulted, but she meant well. She was just straight talking, we invited her to Kuching for Grace's wedding reception in Feb 2023. 

louis, sean, fiona, lance, arlene, leong, yvonne, qinkae, melvin, me, iffa, peggy, josephine, lekheng


Later that evening, Sean and I took a circuitous route to the club for tennis, but was only able to play for 20 minutes before we got rained out. I got my fill of a work out though, quietly pleased that this is a nice end of the day routine. As we were playing, Ho called out 'Min, is that Sean? I called out to Sean 'Sean, is that you?. Sean replied ' um, yes..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment