Friday, October 14, 2022

12th October 2022, Wednesday PAMSC meeting




I look forward to these monthly meetings, mostly to see this group of friends from the committee because I have very little to report since most of our sub-committee's reporting is in our fortnightly newsletters already. I am quite proud of the regular contribution which we make for our chapter. 

Recently the group who attends these meetings have reduced in number, and I miss those who don't show. There are a few who have not attended in person at all, I try to understand their reasons (COVID, family obligations, etc) but I fail to see why they cannot make one dinner-time free per month for the chapter. Perhaps these people will leave in the next term, they are not contributing much anyway. 

In the recent months, I have also noticed that there are those who talk and talk but do not walk the talk, and also others who can be quite set in their ways, especially when it comes to money; showing a mean side. However, whatever their flaws are, and no matter how little they contribute, it is still time which they have offered to the chapter as volunteers, so that needs to be acknowledged and appreciated.

Last night, I announced the first of the Design Lecture Mini-series on the 3rd of Dec 2022 showing two women architects. This is not really the role of my sub-committee but no one was doing this so with the permission of the CM, I did just that. Because it was not difficult and I thought the members would enjoy it as well as the speakers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment