Thursday, July 14, 2022

12 July 2022 Tuesday- the long way home


On our final day in London, I felt that I have seen what I wanted to see and have said what I wanted to say. I felt ready for the end of the trip. Of course, there was plenty more to see and do - this is London after all. 

But I was ready to get back home, to earn back the pounds spent and to lose the pounds gained. 

On Monday evening, we ate a hot dinner by the roadside (it was really quite unlike London, off the pavement, under the trees, on a picnic table, served by the owner from China). And then we collected our luggage, and hailed a cab for Kings Cross Station. There we parted ways - they to catch an overnight bus to Amsterdam and we two for a night at the Heathrow Airport lounge.

9pm Monday. Heathrow Airport lounge 
630 am Tuesday. Check in
10am Tuesday. Take off for Abu Dhabi.
6pm local time. Landed in Abu Dhabi, helped a Somalian woman disembark with her 3 kids (10, 5, 2) and 6 bags
11pm Tuesday Abu Dhabi to KL. Delayed departure, one hour. 
11am Wednesday. Landed in KL.
2pm Wednesday. KL to Kuching. 
340 pm Wednesday.  Arrived home.


No comments:

Post a Comment