Friday, May 6, 2022

6 May 2022 Friday - break through

At the Roxy site with Freddie and the client's project team

Sean and I spoke about him coming home to work with us; I asked him what were his thoughts about it. Many of his projects have come to a halt, and he is mainly doing CAD-work - though he is not the type to complain about it. I have been prompting him to think about continual learning, about professional registration exams - he can do this at our office. And we are getting busier. 

He thought I should either be his dad or his boss - words that summed up our roles nicely in the coming months and years. He once said I was the hardest boss to work for, maybe because he saw me at home as well as at work. 

This time round, I place him under the care of Freddie, someone closer to his age who can guide him and supervise his work, and in return Freddie will get a design partner and assistant. 

Freddie had other ideas; thinking that Sean can go into the deep end and take responsibility for his action and decisions. Sam agrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment