Friday, May 6, 2022

5 May 2022 Thursday - patience


I have not drawn this way for a while - pencil/pen on paper with a straight edge, drawn to scale and with annotation and dimensions. I did this because two interns asked me what to show in their working drawings. I thought it was easier to show with a drawing rather than a text message. I also thought how strange is was that they do not know this at this stage of their education.

But if there is one thing I have learnt this year, it is patience - to take my foot off the gas and listen, to try and understand why this question is asked, to see the other person's point of view. So I sent this to them and waited.

One replied with some questions - whether the roof overhand was disruptive to the overall form. She suggested an alternative which proved more viable and one we will adapt for the final proposal.

summer





No comments:

Post a Comment