Monday, December 3, 2018

run, swim, work


It was a rainy start to the day. But one that reminded me to be grateful for my health, my waterproof backpack and the relatively short 6km to work. And grateful that we are in Kuching, because this would have been quite impossible in KL, for example. I stopped over at the Sarawak Club for a short swim and shower, it was 7:15 a.m. when I started to walk the rest of the way to Carpenter Street for my morning coffee.

The advantage of getting the daily exercise out of the way in the morning is that you can concentrate on the other things at hand, such as work. The thing I enjoy most about my work is the drawing. Drawing takes several forms in our line of work - this is a detailed section through a temporary show unit for a condominium development. It is essentially a large steel structure with one of the units dressed up and fitted out for sales and display. We introduced a skylight to bring natural lighting deep into the building, and made all the steel connections de-mountable, so that we can re-use the building's structure elsewhere after one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment