Monday, July 4, 2016

work in progress



A fellow architect dropped by the office one Saturday morning. Another senior practitioner, another one who has made a more than comfortable living from his trade. One who has stopped drawing perhaps, for he expressed surprise when he saw our drawing boards - 'wah, still draugthing ah?, who?, you ah?'




Actually, not all these are drawn at the draughting board. Some were drawn at home, on the coffee table in front of the telly. Others are details and ideas drawn on CAD printouts. I feel better after having made my mark on it. It is my way of assuring myself that I have vetted the drawing, it is ready to go. It is also a way of personalising computer generated drawings. The hand drawn lines say to the viewer - it's OK, someone put thought to my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment