Friday, July 10, 2015

Going, Going, Gone

On the 4th of July, I sent a message to my clients, fellow consultants, friends and students -
"As of the 4th of July, I have resigned from DNA (Design Network Architects S/B) and will be continuing my work as MinWee Architects from two addresses:
  • 44, Upper China Street in Kuching where I will be working closely with Arlene Chew and Leong Gian Wen
  • and at  B-25-09, Mercu Summer Suites, No. 8 Jalan Cendana, off Jalan Sultan Ismail in Kuala Lumpur where I will be working with Lee Peng Hui.
My email address and mobile phone no. will remain unchanged".

Clearing up my table at DNA where I sat for 6 years
My close friends wondered aloud if I was sad to leave DNA; having help found it 14 years ago and having build it up architecturally to its current good reputation. They likened it to giving up a teenage child to foster care - when they put it that way, I suppose I should feel a little sad. But no, there is a little apprehension, plenty of excitement and a equal amount of relief. No sadness.

The new office space - it is narrow with a high vaulted ceiling

The front entrance is painted completely white; an abstraction of the typical shop house facade
Those who do not know me well would speculate that I left because of money matters but this workhorse is tired and looking for work that would sustain me spiritually and financially for the next 15 years.

She is happy with it, and that's important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment