Wednesday, July 5, 2023

5th July 2023 Wednesday - not 100 percent


I know you asked me to design a house for one of your sons, and since you didn’t tell me which son we decided that all your sons can have a new home; three villas with similar layouts organised around a courtyard to create a garden entrance into the houses. 


 Still coughing but better after a full night's rest - I expect a full day of work at the office because of my two days away. Sure enough - I was cornered by Peggy and her team about the masterplan once I set foot in the office.  Something about coordinating the plans for the various precincts and the various comments offered by team leaders. Soon sorted out by asking for a print out by the end of work, nothing like a tight deadline to coagulate a fragmented team (like making taufoofa)

We lost another team member when Sara decided to take a break to focus on helping her friend set up a event company. Nothing ventured, nothing gained - I thought as I was also mentally preparing for my meeting with a young man who wants to apprentice at our office. Perhaps it is for me to give him a chance; to learn, to find his passion when no one else will. Not even his family. Besides, it will not be me alone teaching him these things, but the whole village of us. Peggy calls it saving a 'life'.

2:30 a.m. I was surprised at how small he was; slight and simply dressed, a bit nervy. I took all talk about poor health off the table at the start, and we talked about goals, commitments, and family. After 45 minutes, we agreed that he would try out for a week; we are not a school, it is a job and work products are the paramount outcome. And after a week, we will talk again and decide there is a future in this. 

6:30 p.m. PAMSC meeting - the food at the Rock Road place was expensive and tasted mediocre (as it would if I tried to cook them). The company was lively as always with one person being particularly opinionated while not having done anything so far, annoying. In any case, I managed to convince them to have a couple of free CPD events, to encourage student and technicians turnout. 

I went home and worked until one a.m. to finish the sketch up, powerpoint and frame letters of rebuttal for Annie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment