Saturday, September 10, 2011

Drawing Out Your Day

Breakfast at the Ibis Hotel where I stayed for 8 nights was the same everyday, which helped reinforce my daily routine of squeezing in a quick run in the early morning before going to 'work' at the third year studio. 
I ate alone - but had my novels and sketch book to keep me accompany.These are some of the people in the breakfast crowd.
 
This impatient man was waiting for his wife to check out - full of anxious energy and frowns.
The Workshop consist of 150 students from NUS whom I saw daily for a week; they helped me with my daily commute, which involved taking the SMRT Bus 806 from the Dept. of Design and Environment to Clementi MRT which takes to Bugis MRT. From there, I walk a short distance to Ibis Hotel on Bencoolen Road.
On some days, I take a detour and visit museums or shops; I saw the terracotta warriors at the Asian Civilisation Museum with Tao and friend.
 
Some days, my friends would take me to look at new buildings such as the University Town across the road from NUS. Most of the building there are bland American copies with the exception of Mok Wei Wei's building. 
Mostly, I was happy to explore and sketch, I did two quick sketches (5-10 minutes) of the old Mandarin Oriental Hotel which is now wearing a new 'skirt' of sweeping glass and steel curves that is Mandarin Square.

The Singapore Management Universtiy

No comments:

Post a Comment