Kuching is still hazy, so I exercise at home; 3k on the trampoline and 6 sets of KB squat-curl-shoulder press-triceps extension. It is a good home work out. Today, there is a cook-out at No. 40, Marc asked Sam for an opportunity to cook for us before he leaves for university on the 9th of September. We happily consent, I have time for him and also his mom was a former neighbour at No. 40. She was from the 8th house along our row; a large extended Hakka family with many sisters; married and unmarried under one roof.
Jowie is itching for a game and asks if any of my gang is interested, only Sean is available. The 3 of us have a good workout, I really enjoyed the drills, and the 2-on-1 games. I think Sean enjoyed himself as well. The whole place is packed with players on a public holiday, this is the first time I have seen the corridors packed as well.
Another first is lunch at the Hunan cafe near Gala; food is good, Sean treats us and I think we will be back.
Dinner is a full house; our children and their plus-ones and puppies, the Sias (both sets), the Lims, Joan, and her cousins from France plus little Astrid. My tomato sauce is too acidic, I over-cooked it - but the idea of an oven-roasted veg with cooked tomato sauce with a little pasta is a good one. I will trying this recipe again.
![]() |
| His parents think he has a bond with us, normally he does not socialise with adults. Yes, I think we do have a bond with young people; we have time for them. |

.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment