Saturday, August 15, 2026

14.8.2026 Thursday - Doris, Terry, Grace and Luna

Today will be a long day, made longer by the extra meetings we plan, with people we want to see in different places. 

Doris and I have met twice; the first time was when she crossed the seminar hall to greet me - 'Hi, you must be Min, we are Facebook friends'. And the second time is this morning, she in in Kuching to meet her boyfriend. I invited CY who also knows her from their interactions on the Art Festival in Taiwan. It turns out that she knows SL as well - it is a small world.

Our flight takes us to Penang by 2pm in time for a 4pm meeting, even after waiting for PH's delayed flight. Work is work, there are a few areas that I have to work on still - there were gaps on both sides. But I think it can be sorted within the next week. By dinner time, it has been a long day, and I did not get a chance to talk with Grace. It is lovely to see her little family though hard to imagine when we met her as an intern ten years ago - hardworking but the system fails her, answered for but stuck in a rut (the drummer boy). She kept in touch and over the years we would meet up, hear snippets of news about her milestone, celebrate them with her - we threw a 'wedding party' for her in Kuching complete with tea ceremony at No. 40.

Our hotel room reminds me of line in the Eagles's song 'Hotel California'. - we are able to leave but I want to go back.







No comments:

Post a Comment