We have our first office meeting in 2 months. It sounds like a long time, but things are worked out on a daily basis amongst ourselves. On most days, you will see small groups having a chat in front of someone's screen or a couple of them wandering over to seek my opinion or confirmation. I joke that they often do so just when I am about to leave for my 4pm swim, or make me late for pickleball at 5pm. This morning, we talk about some key deadlines to be met before our trip to KL, Taiping and Penang. For a young team, it is important to also explain why certain decisions are made, it teaches them about our policies, about how we deal with other people and not just about design and implementation. This is good for their personal development. We also discuss the arrangements for our trip and Friday's farewell lunch for JK and Victor. I will miss Victor, he has been a good intern; polite and hardworking, bright and well spoken, works well with his colleagues and participates in office activities. I will write a testimonial for him. (he started his internship on a Friday with an office lunch as well, his mom made him bring some treats to share).

No comments:
Post a Comment