Sunday, March 6, 2022

5 March 2022 Saturday - family ties

view through our apartment window in Paris


I was halfway through my laps when I stopped to call Sean; he had mentioned earlier that much of the work seemed to have stalled, or reduced to uninteresting stuff. I guess that comment still played on my mind. 

I reminded him that he was there for new work experience, to learn and to prepare himself for professional exams. So, if not many of those things are happening - he should speak to the partners and see what they can do to change the situation - so that Sean has options. I suggested that he can think about stopping after his trip to Scotland for graduation ceremonies. But he wanted to keep his verbal promise to stay the two years, which times out nicely with Sara's studies. 

I told him about the work which is coming in the office and also about our impending registration as a Sdn. Bhd. and partnership with Freddie and Penghui both of whom he will be working with (instead of reporting to me all the time.) We talked about the succession plan; people in their 40s, 30s and him 20s. He mentioned that he would like to come home to live here, that he can't imagine staying in West Malaysia. We chatted for 22 minutes, and he rang off saying that he will treat Sara to a nice lunch; it is her birthday today. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment