Sunday, May 12, 2024

8.5.2024 Wednesday - Zhongli to Taipei

Our room faces the street behind this building. The campus is very welcoming to the local neighbours who walk through, exercise and play sports in the grounds. 

That afternoon, we arrive in Taipei hungry but in luck. We joined this queue for this locally sought after lunch of braised pork rice. 

Our lunch, about 200 TWD. RM 30 plus

Our room isn't ready after lunch, so something sweet with a coffee. 

At 9am Eric takes us for breakfast nearby, it's recommended by one of his students - a 'young' place serving comfort food. It is not the street breakfast I am hoping for, but never mind. Eric wants me meet some of the folks at the review, I am thinking that it's like a warm up for me.

He introduces me to 小王, an old gentleman who is Sheng Feng's business partner. SF has mentioned me to him, saying I'm a good architect. This is a compliment I'm not used to hearing, and think that they are simply being gracious like how Taiwanese are.

11 am. We take the board to Taipei, no seats but it is a cheap fare. After locating our hotel CitizenM we have lunch nearby: stewed pork, fish and rice.

We enjoy our room until early dinner time, and went for walk. As usual, we cannot decide what to eat, but settle on a soupy portion rib noodle sharing a table with a local. Tomorrow, we have Lin SF at 1pm to visit his newly completed National Museum of History. 

No comments:

Post a Comment