Thursday, May 16, 2024

15.5.20224 Wednesday - back at work

After this trip and observing how some of my friends in Taiwan work - I am determined to be more focused in my work and do more. More detailing, more detailed work, more face to face reviews with colleagues, more site walks to see progress and quality of work. 

I start the day back at the gym; running on the new slippers and feeling good about myself, and worrying about Sam's shoulder ( I hope it is only a pinched nerve).

At the office, I start with phone-calls; to Aziz about septic tanks and appointment of the right engineer, to Pui about job scope, to PH about status of his projects, to Kamal about rain water harvesting, Rewi about submission dwgs and so forth. Texting is fine, but sometimes it takes a chat over the phone. 

I play squash with Kheng (1-1), and Patrick (5-1) who complains about not playing for a week and poor form. I think to myself, I have not been playing either. I think his problem is consistency, not just fitness - he tries too many low percentage shots. Fitness is both cardio vascular and muscle; if you are both out of breath and your muscles are tired; many things go wrong. Anyway, I am glad to be back in the courts.

we find out the Teck is considering using a China contractor to build the hotel complex




No comments:

Post a Comment