Friday, June 7, 2024

7.6.2024 Friday - taking about retirement


On the way back to the office, we talk about the various ways people perceive retirement. For some, it's not having to work so they can be home to do as they please, for others it's not stopping completely but selecting which projects they do. She suggests that perhaps for me it's doing a detached house now and then. I tell her maybe it is doing selective parts of a large project (assuming that the office is still the 10 or so people, and need medium sized projects to sustain it). And being selective can be about what new clients you work with, rather than what type of projects you undertake.

I tell her I'm still the happiest when I'm drawing by hand; sketch plans, perspective views (and my favourite) construction details.



No comments:

Post a Comment