Thursday, April 25, 2024

25.4.204 Thursday - unwell and not at work, Thomians' reunion.








I am credited as the organiser of this reunion, making it sound like an enormous task, when it really was not. Many like Da, and unlikely ones like ChunLing, Kah Teck, Barry helped to round up friends and teachers. Others quietly helped with sponsoring the teachers, paying for drinks, etc.

Others remind me why I won't organise another one soon, perhaps a simple dinner for a dozen people. Not a large gathering like this - there are so many that I was not familiar with, and am still unfamiliar with now.

One shouted hey hey hey, wanting me to look up when I was cutting and serving the cake. Others tell me let the waiting staff do that, it's their job. They forget that it is an honour to serve, why would I give up that privilege. Another has a lazy fatty palm hand shake: a reflection of the man that the boy has grown to inhabit. The overdressed one flitted around with his coloured hair (jealous, they'd say) pocket square, dress watch and I think pierced tongue (lisp gives it away). 

And then there are others who flew in from Singapore, Canada, Australia, KL, China - we have not met them for many years. A few have retired, while others are working just as hard - enjoying their work, having fun making money still. & school teachers attended; Charlie Chung, Felix Wong, Evan yeo, Mrs. Chong, Mrs Alice Wright, Ms Jane Ling, and Pn Cynthia Zender. (who asked if she shd contribute to the dinner costs - ' you have contributed enough, this is our small way of paying back )





No comments:

Post a Comment