Monday, August 8, 2022

8 August 2022 Monday - 32 minute tabata


I learned three things about three people today. 

The first person is still not really into the work yet, but will do the necessary to get through the day. More curiosity would be good, more initiative to go beyond what is asked - I will need to help with this. I was so impressed with Shan Ming when she toured us the building - I could see that she was interested in her career and in developing her position at work. That is a good benchmark.

The second person contacted me via a text message; the second in as many days - inquiring if I knew of a particular incident or person or incident which involved me or my work. I am not sure why he is asking, and what my answer (if I gave one) would benefit or interest him. The sceptic in me saw this as bait for me to start a chat with him. The chat might unearth information which might annoy me and ultimately ruin my day. So, I answered as briefly as I could, making it sound like I did not care to know. But I continued to think about it for the rest of the day. 

The third was through a call from a friend, someone whom I introduced to a charity programme which turned out to be an opportunistic attempt to milk the good will out of school kids to paint a mural for her business (she refers to is as non-profit). I thought a swim would help clear my mind of these nagging thoughts. 

But I continued to think about it during my swim. Until I stopped my swim to text Ida, telling her that i would no longer involve myself and that she should think about her own position as well.

The tabata with burpees and kettle finally cleared my mind, and then it was time for dinner.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment