Wednesday, October 7, 2026

7.10.2026 Wednesday - clearing a spot in the garden

On the way to work, Sam and I decide to clear a spot in the garden for new planter boxes. I have the bright idea of getting Beko to do this, which he does beautifully - I look forward to the weekend when we can get the veggie patch ready.



A client wants to re-visit a project we worked on several years ago, and tells us that they have reviewed the project with a third party architect which resulted in a series of new design requirements. I would have reacted differently last year, but this year I would respond this way: 

  1. we will write in for additional fees, and treat a new project
  2. the client did not have to tell us they consulted another architect, they could have simply told us that they changed their minds. 
  3. it is another reason to talk design with GW who will not doubt have something to say about this. But it is likely quite a simple assignment once we get into it. 
  4. Take our time, get Sean to lead this exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment