Sean and I are faced with a niggling site issue for a house project yesterday, so the best thing is to do today is to meet the builder on site. As with most of these issues, it is a matter of confirmation and reassurance - we will issue some drawings to record the missing details.
I am still feeling unwell. I had planned to return home to sleep but decided to go to the office. At the office, Fiona asked if I would join them at the hotel site - the outdoors would do me good so I join them, still coughing slightly with a itchy throat. It's always to meet the end users, and the chef helped clear up some things. I retreat earlier to have a drink to soothe my throat, the others join me for lunch. I eat my first kolo mee in more than 3 months.
230pm and yet another meeting, this time with a client who has decided not to build. He receives our bill, which I sense is a bit higher than he expected. He will recoup his investment if/when he builds. We agree to see him at his house to design a new structure for solar panels. This time, we will not charge any design fees - a bit of give and take.
4pm - 'can you send the drawings for the planter box today?'. I must have laughed because he added '.. if you can't then I'll draw it myself, but then you might complain that it's ugly'. I get on it straight away, with Sean and Melvin's help - we decide to put it straight into the ground to NOT take up space in the already small lobby. 5pm - I text the concept drawings to him. 515pm - the drawings arrive at the site team chat group with instructions to construct over the weekend.
6pm - I receive instructions to resubmit a planning application for a small apartment project, amidst our office Korean Army Stew dinner.
And I was thinking of having a nap at midday...

No comments:
Post a Comment